Walk for Hope
Anderson O’Brien is on a mission to reduce mental health stigma in our community by supporting efforts to increase awareness, education, resources, and support.
Mental health issues affect our entire community. Mental Health was identified as one of the key calls to action in the most recent United Way of Portage County LIFE (Local Indicators For Excellence) Report. Along with the stigma, there is a shortage of resources for mental health services and support which prevents many individuals from seeking help. As members of this community, we want to help, and we want to encourage others to join us.
2019 Event Registration
Event: 5K Walk
Organizer: Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness Coalition of Portage County
Date: Saturday, September 14th
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Zenoff Park (1001 2nd Street N, Stevens Point, WI 54481)
* Registrations will be accepted up to the day of the event. However, those received by August 16th will be guaranteed a t-shirt.
The Anderson O’Brien Mental Health Corporate Challenge is an opportunity for local businesses to promote mental health awareness in the workplace and show their commitment to reducing mental health stigma in the community. The Challenge strives to make a difference through Walk for Hope event participation and/or business sponsorships.
2019 Business Sponsorship
Deadline: August 16, 2019
1) Survivors of Suicide Support Group,
2) Suicide prevention training in the community,
3) Community speakers on mental health related topics and workshops for mental health professionals,
4) Gun-Lock Program at St. Michael’s Emergency Department and other area mental health agencies, and
5) Suicide prevention and mental health information resources at local community agencies.
1) Business logo on t-shirt,
2) Recognition by Anderson O’Brien on their website and social media sites,
3) Recognition by the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness Coalition of Portage County on social media sites and at the event, and
4) One complimentary suicide prevention training for your organization/business organized by the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness Coalition of Portage County.