Walk for Hope
Anderson O’Brien is on a mission to reduce mental health stigma in our community by supporting efforts to increase awareness, education, resources, and support.
This year marks the 15th anniversary for the Walk for Hope in our community. Due to the COVID public health emergency, this year has presented more challenges and stress to those struggling with mental health issues. Now, more than ever, we need to support our community to reduce the stigma. Join your friends and neighbors by walking to provide hope towards preventing suicide and creating awareness surrounding mental health. Walkers can choose to participate in person or virtually.
2021 Event Registration
Event: 5K Walk
Date: Saturday, September 11th
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.
In Person Location: Zenoff Park (1001 2nd Street N, Stevens Point, WI 54481)
Virtual Participation is also an option.
(13 and under are free.)
* Registrations will be accepted up to the day of the event.
2021 Business Sponsorship
Commitment Due by July 1, 2021 at 12:00 (Noon)
1) Survivors of Suicide Support Group,
2) Suicide prevention training in the community,
3) Community speakers on mental health related topics and workshops for mental health professionals,
4) Gun-Lock Program at St. Michael’s Emergency Department and other area mental health agencies, and
5) Suicide prevention and mental health information resources at local community agencies.
1) Business logo on t-shirt,
2) Recognition by Anderson O’Brien on their website and social media sites,
3) Recognition by the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness Coalition of Portage County on social media sites and at the event, and
4) One complimentary suicide prevention training for your organization/business organized by the Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Awareness Coalition of Portage County.