Taxes impact many aspects of our personal and professional lives. The team at Anderson O’Brien helps businesses and individuals plan ahead for optimum tax savings and minimum liability and risk. We perform research and tax planning for income taxes, state sales and use taxes, franchise taxes, property taxes, gift and estate taxes, employment taxes, social security taxes and excise taxes.
- Tax Research and Planning
- Estate Planning
- Election of the Appropriate Tax Entity for Businesses
- Retirement Planning
- Tax-Exempt Status for Nonprofit Organizations
- Audit Representations
- Assisting our Litigation Team Structure Settlements in a Tax-Wise Manner
Tax planning assistance to clients frequently includes:
- Assessing tax advantages and disadvantages of business entities to determine which one provides the most tax benefits for you.
- Tax planning relating to the sale or purchase of a business or the transfer of family businesses or other assets.
- Conducting tax-free exchanges and rollovers including the tax-free exchange of real estate and other investment properties.
- Establishing and implementing qualified or non-qualified retirement plans and deferred Compensation Agreements
- Obtaining tax-exempt status for nonprofit organizations with the Internal Revenue Service.
Our firm also assists individuals and businesses with audits by the Internal Revenue Service and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.