When two people are considering divorce, they face many difficult decisions. A divorce mediator guides couples through the complexities of divorce, assisting, facilitating and encouraging parties to reach a mutual agreement. A mediator is a neutral third party who helps negotiate an agreement between you and your spouse with a more private, less expensive and consensual approach. Mediation is widely used and well known for the higher satisfaction levels it provides in delivering a fair and agreeable divorce settlement.
Attorney Nadine I. Davy is an experienced divorce mediator. Her primary practice is in the area of family law. She has been a family law attorney for over 22 years, representing clients on custody and placement issues and the multiple financial aspects of divorce, including maintenance, child support and property division. Attorney Davy is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Mediators.
What are the benefits?
Mediation humanizes a dispute in a way that an adversarial process, such as litigation, cannot. Some of the additional benefits include:
- A divorce process that fosters an environment of respect and trust
- Maintenance of dignity throughout the process
- Preservation of a working relationship between both parties
- More flexibility and confidentiality
- Less time and money
- Open and free exchange of information between you and your spouse, enhancing communication
- Overall increase in satisfaction with the solutions because they are mutually agreed upon
- Better follow through and compliance with terms of the court order
- Less stress and tension for the children involved